Do you want to make a difference?
Neasa Hourigan, newly elected TD for Dublin Central, wants to live in a country where we all can enjoy: a decent roof over our heads; safe streets for all; peace and equal opportunities. She believe passionately that green principles are a pathway towards a more compassionate, equitable and environmentally responsible society.
If you too want a better future for you, your family, children and neighbours and aspire to make our communities the best place to live in Dublin then here is a way for you to make a tangible difference.
Neasa is looking for a Secretarial Assistant to work with her on a range of areas. The job includes national and constituency activities, located in Leinster House and the Dublin Central Constituency.
- Dealing with correspondence (post, email, social media) from constituents and, where practical, resolving any issues raised by liaising with relevant state bodies
- Managing Neasa’s diary - parliamentary, Green Party and third party meetings
- Upading the content on Neasa’s web site and social media channels
- Liaise with internal Dáil Éireann functions
- Work in the constituency on a wide range of activities including meetings and events, clinics, etc.
- Where required represent Neasa at constituency meetings she is unable attend
- Other tasks as required - this will be a role with room for growth. We hope to minimise the administrative time and, for the right candidate, have the Secretarial Assistant work on more productive tasks
Day to day you’ll be working closely with Neasa and Neasa’s Parliamentary Assistant. There’ll also be interactions with other Green Party Parliamentary Staff and Green Party HQ.
- You’re happy dealing with members of the public (constituents and activist groups) who are seeking assistance
- You’re confident working with technology (email, word-processing, presentation software, contact management systems, etc.). You don’t necessarily need specific experience but you do need a willingness/capability to learn
- You’re as happy picking up the phone to resolve an issue as you are composing an email
- You demonstrate a high attention to detail in your approach to work
- You’re tenacious - often getting stuff done at government level requires somebody who is prepared to push (politely) again and again
Experience in a similar role would be advantageous but is not required.
Salary starting at €23,180 (overtime available, job includes pension entitlements)
Based in Leinster House and Dublin Central
Deadline for applications was 8am on Monday 9th March. Submissions are no longer being accepted for this role.